We’re currently seeking to expand our team in the US.
Reporting to the Vice President, North America Operations, the role of Pre-Sales Engineer / Technical BA, US Market, will be central to our growth plans across the US. Please read the role description below and send a Resume and Cover Letter explaining why you would be a great fit to our CEO, Ned Coten.
EngageRM is a market-leading sports tech leader headquartered in Australia and growing into the US market. We partner with sports teams, leagues, venues, arena’s, universities and other sports businesses with a powerful platform to drive fan engagement, partnerships, community programs and more. We are at the cutting edge of our field, using AI, machine learning, voice recognition and other data to provide a single customer view and increase revenue, retention and customer ‘stickiness’.
Our platform is growing quickly, receiving strong reviews from industry leaders with significant opportunity to grow quickly with the right team. We’re seeking focussed and aligned individuals that will bring their whole, authentic self to our team.
Join us in the transformation of the sports industry and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the way teams, leagues, arenas and organizations grow. We have foundation clients and a number of opportunities for further engagement with the professional sports market across the US.
The Pre-sales Engineer / Technical Business Analyst will report to the VP, North America Development (VP, NAD). You will have (or be able to quickly develop) a strong and detailed knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics365, and have experience building CRM demonstrations, presenting to clients, providing Tier 1 support and supporting colleagues with your deep understanding of the technical elements of CRM and how they relate to sport and entertainment.
It is envisaged that over time we will develop a broader US-based team to support this role. At commencement, the successful person will be operating closely with the VP, NAD, but with a strong connection to and support from the wider team. Initially, you will be required to undertake a broad range of tasks in line with a growing company. Everyone in the business, including the CEO, has a ‘hands on, no excuses’ approach and this role is no different. Over time this will change, but you should be the type of person who is happy to do ‘whatever it takes’ to support a growing and highly dedicated team’.
In this role, you will:
- Be able to understand and demonstrate the detailed functionality of the EngageRM platform (after our training) and Dynamics 365;
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to technical and functional elements of RFI’s/RFP’s
- Be detail oriented and understand how to build a demonstration based on the needs of the prospects;
- Assist in the sales process by building demonstrations and maintaining a robust demo environment. Be involved in the sales process as required;
- Work closely with the VP, NAD to understand prospect needs and build & deliver a demonstration test best shows this;
- Provide strong technical support and capability to the VP, NAD as required;
- Build, maintain and grow relationships with technically oriented people in target prospect clients;
- Be at ease with VP / senior level prospects who are not technical and help them understand the product’s benefits without confusing them;
- Identify ways to improve the delivery of the product demonstrations and how to improve team performance;
- Work collaboratively with the EngageRM team and existing clients;
- Initially, provide first-level technical support to clients as required; and
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be action-oriented and a self–starter. We are seeking someone who can work quickly and accurately without constant direction.
- In addition to sales skills, be a team player. There is an opportunity to grow and develop for the right person;
- Have a very strong understanding of technology, ideally have supported and helped sell similar products in the past and be familiar with technology / SaaS sales in the US market;
- Have deep knowledge of the Microsoft environment and detailed technical knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics365;
- Have an understanding of, affiliation and passion for sport. Ideally you will understand sport & technology and how they work together, and experience using or working with a related product in sport / entertainment;
- The ability to engage others and bring them into the business;
- Overall, a person with a strong work ethic, committed to developing their career and ‘making things happen’. Have the intelligence, drive and skills to help build EngageRM as the number one brand in its category in the US market.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years hand-on technical experience, problem solving and demo experience showing how technical features translate to solve real problems and deliver business outcomes;
- 5+ years working with CRM, with a proven track record of delivering against KPI’s;
- Prior experience working in sport OR technology;
- Proven ability to prepare and assist in demonstrations in large, high-level groups;
- Deep B2B cloud-based solutions experience within the D365 & Microsoft environment;
- Proven track record of planning & executing demonstrations;
- Ability to learn and fully articulate the EngageRM product;
- Ability to confidently present in front of business leaders, senior management and technical teams; and
- Attention to detail and discipline to follow established policies and processes.
The primary target market for EngageRM consists of:
- Professional sports team and organizations in the major leagues (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, MLS);
- Larger minor league sports teams and leagues (MiLB, NBA G-League, AHL, ECHL,)
- Venues and Arenas that sell suite’s, tickets and corporate entertainment packages for sport, concerts, events and entertainment;
- Sports Associations, such as National Sports Organizations; and
- University sports programs.
Secondary markets include theme parks, entertainment venues and similar, where ticket sales and corporate entertainment / engagement are primary sources of revenue.
The Product Solutions Manager will enable the sales and support of the EngageRM product into these target markets. We are seeking a person who can bridge the gap between technical outcomes and business requirements. You should be able to explain to a highly technical person how the detail of the system works but also be able to talk to a senior VP about the overarching benefits of the platform. Good opportunities are available for a high performer in this role.
We are open as to where the person operates from, with a preference for the North-East. The calibre of the person is more important than their location, particularly at this start-up stage where they will operate independently and remotely. Location is flexible for the person who takes up the role and we believe it could be a good long-term opportunity for the right person. The VP, NAD lives in and operates from Los Angeles, but it is not envisaged that you will work together in the same location.
With the current COVID-related restrictions, it’s likely that you will be working from home for the foreseeable future. All other staff currently operate successfully from home. We envisage a Salary range for a suitable qualified person of $60,000 – $85,000 per annum.
This document is an introduction to EngageRM and provides a top-line overview of the person we are seeking to recruit.
Ned Coten | CEO | EngageRM
We consider applicants on merit, qualifications and business needs, without regard to race, color, origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, disability, citizenship status, ancestry, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status under applicable Federal, State, or Local law.