EngageRM has a considered approach to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
We believe that being socially responsible is a key pillar of business, particularly in today’s environment where the globe and its inhabitants are living in unprecedented circumstances from a humanitarian, societal, political, financial and environmental perspective.
We understand that we exist as part of a much larger environment of people, values, other organisations and the world itself. The world has given us many opportunities and benefits and it’s important that we give back.
We want to be a responsible business that meets the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. Our CSR Policy ensures that we:
- recognise that our social, economic and environmental responsibilities to our clients are integral to our business;
- aim to demonstrate our commitment to our responsibilities through our actions and within our corporate policies; and
- take seriously all feedback that we receive from our clients and partners, maintaining open dialogue with them to ensure that we fulfil the requirements of this policy.
EngageRM’s CSR Policy falls into two categories: compliance and proactiveness. Compliance is our commitment to legal operations and observing community values. Proactiveness is promoting the pillars of human rights, philanthropy / volunteering and protecting our environment.
Our aim is to ensure a compliant environment where all members of our organisation feel valued and safe and can operate effectively and without fear for their wellbeing.
Our company will:
- Respect both the intent and the letter of the law everywhere we operate;
- Honour internal policies and those of our partners, suppliers and customers;
- Ensure all business operations are legitimate; and
- Keep every partnership and collaboration open and transparent.
We’ll always conduct business with integrity and respect to human rights. We promote:
- Safety and fair dealing in all areas of engagement;
- Respect towards customers and consumers; and
- Proactive policies and processes which support transparency, trust and fair dealing.
We demonstrate this intent in the following ways:
Protecting the environment
EngageRM recognises the need to protect the natural environment. Keeping our environment clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. We have a paperless operating environment and seek to reduce our footprint in all that we do.
We take care of our employees by providing a supportive and positive working environment, particularly during the global pandemic. We have regular surveys and other mechanisms to ensure we receive feedback in regard to physical, emotional and personal health and wellbeing.
Further to this, we:
- Don’t risk the health and safety of our employees and community in any way;
- Respect the lives of local and indigenous people, recognising their importance; and
- Support diversity and inclusion in every areas of work and our operating environment.
We seek to actively make the world a better place by not only upholding the literal intent of our Policy, but by ensuring we are pro-active in implementing ways to bring it to life.
Social Justice Program
Social Justice is an increasing need in many communities. Our technology allows for the simple management of Social Justice administration within community groups seeking to assist people that are disadvantaged and needing community assistance. We provide this technology free of charge to relevant organisations and proactively support their use of the platform. We provide assistance to those clients where requested and proactively work with our partner Microsoft to ensure that it is deployed in as many communities as possible.
Our company encourages employees to volunteer within sports and entertainment organisations about which they are passionate. From time to time, we are in a position to support this with sponsorship that brings wide benefits to the community and leverages our products and expertise in technology.
Preserving the environment
Apart from legal obligations, EngageRM proactively protects the environment by:
- Being paper-free whenever possible;
- Conserving energy; and
- Using environmentally-friendly technologies.
We actively invest in R&D, remaining open to suggestions and listening carefully to ideas, thus seeking to continuously improve the way we operate.
We promote our identity as a socially aware and responsible business.
Management enact and communicate this policy and employees and clients are provided with opportunities to provide feedback and input.
EngageRM is dedicated to protecting human rights. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and abide by all fair labour and employment practices. We ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in any country, such as forced labour.
We're trying to find more ways to bring the world together, using technology as an enabler. Our work on Social Justice is making in a meaningful difference in local communities for those that need help.